Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2021

My Margret Mahy trip recount

Hi and welcome to my blog post, On Thursday the 20th Tumu hub went on a trip to Margaret Mahy.We split up into our 4 groups Rātā, Mānia, Korokio and Kōhia, every group went to a different rotation.


Korokio went to  Margaret Mahy, Mānia went to the waka, Rātā went to Victoria aqare and Kōhia went to feed the eels and look at the mats. 


I was in Korokio so I went to  Margaret Mahy first. At  Margaret Mahy we did a scavenger hunt, we had to get into 2 groups and started looking. The best part is that every group had to have 1 year 7 & 8 in all the groups but  Mānia had 2.


My favourite part of the trip was when we got to feed the eels/tuna. Feeding the ells/tunas was my  favourite part of the trip because I got a chance to get a closer look at their small sharp teeth.


Something I learnt was that female eels are thicker than the male eels, and that female eels can lay up to a million eggs.


The thing I found the most interesting was the eels because I learned a lot of cool facts about the eels but on the trip I found out that the eels/tuna are an endangered animal.

 

This trip has helped me with my PBL because it helped me get ideas for my 

Trip Recount.


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vilimaina Tianah here. I enjoy how you talked about Margret Mahy and I like how you talked about the other places you went with your team. But I would like if you added the names of the places you went to. Next time can you add a question.
    What was your favourite part of the trip?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post